Halloween and Fall Fun in Shakopee
Making the most of the fall season in Shakopee should be easy: there is lots to do, lots to see, and it’s filled with great people for you to meet. But it proves a little more difficult when the season is short and you have to try to fit it all in before the snow falls! With September in full swing, it’s time to start making your fall plans so you don’t miss out on all the best parts of the region and the season. Here’s what you should plan to do:
- Sever’s Fall Festival: Beginning on September 8th, and celebrating its 21st year, the annual Sever’s Fall Festival presents fun for the whole family. Come spend the weekend attempting to navigate your way through the corn maze, with an “under the sea” theme, or pick out some pumpkins to take home and carve. There is lots of locally grown produce for you to enjoy, and the weekend is packed with activities for all ages!
- Autumn Festival: “An Arts and Crafts Affair,” is designed to celebrate fall and honor the local talent of Shakopee and surrounding areas. This event runs November 8th-11th, and has been voted one of the top 100 shows in the country. It features hundreds of the nation’s finest artists and crafters who come from all over to sell and display their work.
- Renaissance Festival: Get ready to step back in time as you attend the country’s largest Renaissance-themed festival. The festival takes place every weekend until the last weekend in September. For each festival, the location grounds are turned into a 16th century village, featuring 250 artisans and over 150 theme-driven food choices.
- Minnesota Harvest: Fall is the time to take advantage of an incredible array of fresh produce. From fall-friendly root vegetables like pumpkin and squash, to fresh fall fruit including apples and pears, get ready to support your local farm scene as you immerse yourself in the delicious harvest.
- Apple House at Minnesota Landscape Arboretum: The Arboretum presents another incredible opportunity for you to take advantage of apple season, offering nearly 20 varieties of apples for you to pick. Call ahead to see what kind will be ready and waiting for you!
- Halloween Haunt: Come explore Valleyfair as ValleySCARE, and take part in the upper Midwest’s largest Halloween attraction. From rides to scare zones, to unexpected monsters roaming around the park, you are sure to get a fright, and leave feeling like you’ve had a haunted, seasonal delight!
- Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular: A tradition at its heart, not many people can resist a festive jack-o-lantern. On October 4th, come to the Minnesota Zoo as you see it transformed into an enchanted forest that is illuminated by more than 5000 jack-o-lanterns. They come in every shape, size and carving imaginable, and chances are you’ll be pretty impressed with what you can make out of a pumpkin!
- Scream Town: This event is exactly how it sounds: pretty scary and ready to make you scream. Complete with eight different attractions, you can come once and brave them all, or make several trips to the town and work your way through each scary section!
- Trail of Terror: Offering the largest Halloween event in the Midwest, the Trail of Terror runs every weekend starting October 12th. Each weekend you will have the opportunity to take part in several scary attractions such as the Wicked Woods Walk and the Maze of Mayhem. For kids, and those looking for the less terror-filled option, join with friends for karaoke, a giant game of Twister or the Obsta-Killer Course! In addition, there is a Shakespearean nightmare Escape Room, where you have to solve clues to get yourself unlocked from Shakespeare’s lair.
- Great Pumpkin Fest: The fall wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Valleyfair for the Great Pumpkin Fest. Taking place during the day, this event is child-friendly and perfect for the whole family. Complete with entertainment, rides, and lots of Halloween activities for the kids, be sure to join in on the fun on September 22nd.
Fall is a beautiful time of year to take part in fall activities in Minneapolis and to make the most of Halloween fun in Shakopee and Valleyfair. Make a plan to come for the day or the weekend, and you will soon see that there is no shortage of things to do in the fall in the beautiful Twin Cities.